Friday 27 February 2015

Tyranid terrain

Today I had some fun playing with hobby clay to make some Tyranid terrain. Nothing fancy really but it was both easy and cheap so worth a try I would say. The clay was bought at a store for art supplies and there were lots of colors so I went for one white and one black for about 5.5 $ (4.9 Euros) and from that I was able to do 3 capillary towers + a small digestion pool. Take a look:



The material was quite easy to work with and I am sure that the edges of the towers could be made sharper if one took the time. The clay hardened in the oven (about 30 min) and was ok to paint at, not perfect but enough for the paint to stick. I might take the time to make some more of these as I think they will blend in well with my Tyranid army. Perhaps making a Tyranid version of an aegis defence wall? Or is that even allowed? We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment