Wednesday 4 March 2015

Old sins. Part 3: Astra Militarum

Today in the third part of the segment Old sins, where I present my previous armies (before 30K), I bring you the Carolinian Guard. This is an Imperial guard/Astra militarum army painted in the glorious colors of my home country (guess which). I liked the idea of an army fighting in the traditional style of the 19th century, with loads of troops marching into enemy fire. This is just what the Astra militarum is all about, they have the manpower to send wave after wave into the slaughter.
Approximately three ten man squads. The middle one has upgrades from ForgeWorld and is usually played as veterans.
Command squad.
I wanted heavy weapon teams rather than tanks because they more resemble the cannons used in the 19th century.
I love the idea of using cavalry in 40K charging enemy xenos and tanks. These rough riders were converted using the horses from the Wood elves Glade Riders. They are very fragile in combat but when they charge they can kill even mighty space marines.
The leader of my army is the charismatic Carolus Rex. He is modelled as a Lord Commissar but I sometimes play him as a Platoon Commander. He is so vain that he needs to have his royal painter to accompany him into battle and capture his great deeds on the canvas.
This army was painted to the music of this album: Youtube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment