Wednesday 14 January 2015

Pre heresy Fabius Bile conversion

Another addition to my collection of Emperor's Children characters! Fabius is known as the chief apothecary of the 3rd Legion, has a high reputation in Lord Fulgrims eyes and has a very creepy hobby. During the great crusade Fabius started experimenting on dead (and sometimes alive) xeno lifeforms. His own twisted idea of finding perfection, the ultimate goal for all Children, was to surgically modify space marines and incorporate organs as well as abilities from the dissected xenos. I love the hybris of considering himself soo talented that he could even improve on the Emperors creation. This colorful badass had to join my forces!
I based my version of Fabius on the GW model (you can find him here) which is both iconic and has his face on it. This model is however very devoted to chaos and I wanted to see what the pre-heresy Fabius would look like. The skin jacket had to go so I filled the seems with liquid green stuff and filed away the excess as well as the faces (scary stuff). The shoulder pads were cut of/filed away and exchanged with new ones from ForgeWorld. I also removed some skulls from his backpack and placed an aquila on his staff (making him bloody obviously one of the good guys).
The painting was done in a similar way as with my other EC with the inclusion of a lot of extra white from his surgical robe. I think apothecaries should stand out in the army. I also had a lot of fun painting all the tubes and vials with freaky blue liquids.
I hope this guy gets his own special rules from FW in the future but until then I will lay him as a Primus Medicae. Might also add a couple of more apothecaries because I have a feeling that the 3rd Legion should have quite many (not sure if I have read that somewhere).



We end this post with a close up. The awesome details in the GW model made it impossible to try to convert Fabius from something else. Hope you like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment