Monday 12 January 2015

Assault squad finished

You may have seen these guys before during my painting tutorial but this is the first time they are completely ready for inspection. I painted the left shoulder pads white this time to make the assault squad stand out from the tactical squad (where the right shoulder pad is white). I am also considering painting future elite choices with both shoulders white or perhaps add a black shoulder. 
The sergeant is of course a favorite. I want to continue giving sergeants crested helmets but with slightly different colors of the plumes (previously I have alternated between black and white).
The jump packs make these guys massive and I can't wait to complete the unit with another 5 marines. Will it be more mkIV or perhaps mkII? For the Phoenician!

Bye the way I just finished reading the Horus heresy novel Scars and I can recommend it. The first time I got any depth into the White Scars and they seem much more interesting now than just a bunch of wildlings on bikes. Still, compared to the magnificent of the 3rd Legion they appear quite barbaric, ta ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment