Monday 1 December 2014

Tactical squad MKIV Painted

Yo! Here is a sample of my first 5 tactical marines clad in the finest of mkIV armor. I realize that I really should publish a painting guide for the scheme that I use and I am working on one at the same time as I am coloring some assault marines (woho death from the skies!). Anyway, enjoy these first troops for my part of the 3rd Legion.
I use a turquoise blue as my spot color to contrast against the purple and gold. The background states that the Emperor's Children were clad in red cloth as a ceremonial symbol, possibly before battle but it was a while since i read Fulgrim (will do it again soon). In this case I have chosen to go against the "fluff" following the rule of cool. I am very happy with the results.
I have incorporated the crested helmet from the command upgrade kit from Forge World (FW). The radio guy also has a helmet and backpack from that kit. I also have a Emperor's Children upgrade kit helmet on one of the marines and the sergeant wears a torso with the Imperial aquila (FW).
Note the purity seal on the sergeants shoulder plate which I think is from the Land raider kit. I love how it flows and gives him a regal appearance.
Can you find the non-forge world backpack?

No comments:

Post a Comment