Wednesday 19 November 2014

Solomon Demeter

Captain of the 2nd Company, Solomon Demeter is a charismatic leader within the Emperor's Children. He is described as being very confident in himself and not afraid of going into the part of the battle where the fighting is as fiercest. Almost as predictable as the master-tactician Horus himself:
"How can we defeat the enemy, master?"
"One word.... Spearhead!!!"
Anyway, as a prominent character in the novels I of course wanted to add him to my force (well it isn't much of a force yet...).

I based my model on one of the Masters of the chapter from Games Workshop (GW). The head is from a blood angels kit as is the chainsword, both added to my bitz-box from "the Raven". In the novels Solomon fights with a heavily customized bolter and chainsword. I think that the scope and ammunition-pack makes the bolter seem customized. I exchanged the power sword with a chainsword and the extra details makes it seem lavish enough for a captain. The sword is described as having an eagle worked into the handle and this is something that I failed at representing but I'm still happy with the result.

More on how I went about painting Demeter in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment